Remove original core from cabinet
1) The lock currently in the cabinet must be in the unlocked position.
2) Insert the Core Removal Key (A.K.A. Control Key) into the lock. Be sure it snaps completely into the lock core which drops the retainer wafer (the last wafer in the lock core).
3) Place a slight twisting force on the Core Removal Key and slowly pull the key and old core out of the lock barrel.
Install new core in cabinet
4) Insert the Core Removal Key into the new core. Be sure it snaps completely in and drops the retainer wafer (the last wafer in the lock core).
5) Slide the new core into the lock barrel that remained in the cabinet.
6) Once the core is completely inserted, place you thumb over the core front surface and hold in place while removing the Core Removal Key.
Your new lock is now ready for use with your Standard Keys.
Below is a help video to demo the process